The Shambles in York has been named as Britain’s prettiest street in our survey for National Express.
The 14th Century street, with its wall to wall timber framed buildings, took the top spot ahead of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile and The Circus in Bath.
The survey of 1,000 UK adults was commissioned by National Express to encourage the nation to explore parts of the UK they have never visited.
The poll and accompanying news copy achieved impressive media coverage landing in 9 print publications including the Times, the Daily Express, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror and The Sun. The story was also featured on a large number of news sites such as ITV News, The Times, The Metro and more! Click here to view the full coverage
- The Shambles, York
- The Royal Mile, Edinburgh
- The Circus, Bath
- Waterside (into Southern Lane) Stratford upon Avon
- Steep Hill, Lincoln
- Gold Hill, Shaftesbury and Kings Parade, Cambridge
- Elm Hill, Norwich
- Eastgate Street, Chester
- The Market Place, Devizes
- Main Street, Harworth and Harbour Street, Whitstable
- The Square, Winchester
- Thomas Street, Wells and Grey Street, Newcastle
- Cecily Hill, Cirencester and Ledbury Road, Notting Hill
- Catherine Hill, Frome
- The Homend, Ledbury